Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 4- MORNING

2 CHRONICLES 33:14- 43:33 KJV NLT

When I take a break and look at myself and my faults, I can't help but laugh sometimes because it appears old habits die hard. When it looks as if we are on the right path then... boom, you fall right back in. It reminds me of a dance. I often try to take the lead but I know that God is a better dancer than I am. The kings and their people in Judah seem to partake in a tango dance with God. Manasseh chose the wrong path and later repents and goes on the right one. Then his son Amon decided that he was going to to go back to the pagan ways and never repented to God. God let go of his dance hold with him and he chose another dance partner. Now Amon's successor Josiah allowed God to take the lead and by doing so he sought out the ways of his ancestor David and tried to restore Judah to the way of life that would be pleasing to God. When the scrolls were found that told of the commandments and how they should be followed, Josiah immediately felt wrong for not being able to follow them from early on. He sought out God and ask for his forgiveness. God still admitted his anger to the people of Judah and that he will destroy the city because of their past sins, but he promised Josiah that becasue he found the truth and wanted to obey it fully that he will not do this until after his peaceful passing. With that Josiah promised to obey the Lord God throughout all his days. He could of followed his predecessor's ways but he chose not to. He could of kept the already in place pagan rituals and beliefs, but Josiah took the other road which required a lot of work, on his part and of his people. Yes old habits are hard to let go of but the right way is never easy and the rewards that you will reap is so worth it.


PSALM 26:1-12 KJV NLT

Psalm 26

1Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide.

2Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.

3For thy loving kindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth.

4I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers.

5I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.

6I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O LORD:

7That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.

8LORD, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.

9Gather not my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloody men:

10In whose hands is mischief, and their right hand is full of bribes.

11But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity: redeem me, and be merciful unto me.

12My foot standeth in an even place: in the congregations will I bless the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment