Friday, August 7, 2009

Day 7



Ezra 3:1-4:23 KJV NLT
When I first started reading Ezra, I learned about all of the exiled Israelites that returned to home land coming from different parts what they brought with them. They are now settled in and ready to rebuild what was lost and destroyed . Under Jeshua's leadership , the building of the an alter for the God of Israel began following with the laying of the foundation for the Lord God temple. Ezra 4:1 "The enemies of Judah and Benjamin heard that the exiles were rebuilding a temple..." Now
we know that this means trouble for the exiles. These enemies tried to act as if then wanted to work with them and when they were rejected they in turn tried to sabotage the rebuilding project. They went as far as to writing a letter to the current king and his successors ( three reigns consecutively).It wasn't until King Artaxerxes, that the enemies finally received the response they were looking for: put a stop to the building of the temple.

1Corinthians 2:6-3:4 KJV NLT
I must start out by saying that I am truly enjoying this letter to the Corinthians.
Paul is continuously letting us know that we must stop relying on human wisdom because there is no such greater wisdom than that of God. If the leaders and scholars of that day had any ounce of the wisdom of God ( which previously was not disclosed) they would of have the knowledge and wisdom to know not to persecute and murde
r Christ.
9 That is what the Scriptures mean when they say,

“No eye has seen, no ear has heard,
and no mind has imagined
what God has prepared
for those who love him.”


3:2 I had to feed you with milk, not with solid food, because you weren’t ready for anything stronger. And you still aren’t ready, 3 for you are still controlled by your sinful nature. You are jealous of one another and quarrel with each other. Doesn’t that prove you are controlled by your sinful nature? Aren’t you living like people of the world?

This statement applies to us today. Like the people in Corinth, we are still being controlled by our own sinful desires: greed & money, vanity,politics,etc. We need to take a moment and listen to the Spirit of God and listen to what God has in store for us.


Psalm 28:1-9 KJV NLT

Psalm 28

A psalm of David.

1 I pray to you, O Lord, my rock.
Do not turn a deaf ear to me.
For if you are silent,
I might as well give up and die.
2 Listen to my prayer for mercy
as I cry out to you for help,
as I lift my hands toward your holy sanctuary.

3 Do not drag me away with the wicked—
with those who do evil—
those who speak friendly words to their neighbors
while planning evil in their hearts.
4 Give them the punishment they so richly deserve!
Measure it out in proportion to their wickedness.
Pay them back for all their evil deeds!
Give them a taste of what they have done to others.
5 They care nothing for what the Lord has done
or for what his hands have made.
So he will tear them down,
and they will never be rebuilt!

6 Praise the Lord!
For he has heard my cry for mercy.
7 The Lord is my strength and shield.
I trust him with all my heart.
He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.

8 The Lord gives his people strength.
He is a safe fortress for his anointed king.
9 Save your people!
Bless Israel, your special possession.[a]
Lead them like a shepherd,
and carry them in your arms forever.


Proverbs 20:24-25 KJV NLT

24 The Lord directs our steps,
so why try to understand everything along the way?

25 Don’t trap yourself by making a rash promise to God
and only later counting the cost.


Tomorrow's Reading
Ezra 4:24-6:22 KJV NLT
1Corinthians 3:5-23 KJV NLT
Psalm 29:1-11 KJV NLT
Proverbs 20:26-27 KJV NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment