Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day 9

Ezra 7:1- 8:20 KJV NLT
In this chapter we fin
ally get introduced to the scribe Ezra. The King Artaxerxes of Persia knew that this man was one whom God has shown favor to. Ezra has come to Jerusalem and with him many followers. He was determined to obey and teach the law of the Lord God and this was pleasing news to the king who did not want to anger God. In his welcome letter that he sent to Ezra , the king welcomes him and offers Ezra anything he need in order to honor God . This can range from cash tot get the items to not taxing the priest. Ezra rejoices in this and praise God. I also notice that this is when Ezra changes from the role of narrator to speaking in first person. He brought with him on this journey to Jerusalem was host of people and as he was checking the list he noticed that the only group that did not volunteer to join him were the Levites. I was wondering why ? Were the Levites skeptical of returning to the land that cause their exile? What do you think ?


1 Corinthians 4:1-21
KJV NLT
Psalm 30:1-12 KJV NLT

Psalm 30

1I will extol thee, O LORD; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.

2O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.

3O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.

4Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.

5For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

6And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.

7LORD, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled.

8I cried to thee, O LORD; and unto the LORD I made supplication.

9What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee? shall it declare thy truth?

10Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me: LORD, be thou my helper.

11Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;

12To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

Proverbs 20:28-30 KJV NLT

28 Unfailing love and faithfulness protect the king;
his throne is made secure through love.

29 The glory of the young is their strength;
the gray hair of experience is the splendor of the old.

30 Physical punishment cleanses away evil;[a]
such discipline purifies the heart.

Tomorrow's Reading
Ezra 8:21- 9:15 KJV NLT
1 Corinthians 5:1-13
KJV NLT
Psalm 31:1-8 KJV NLT
Proverbs 21:1-2 KJV NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment